Tuesday, August 11, 2015

OMG I'm Engaged!

Yay!  I am engaged and will be tying the knot with my fiance sometime in the next year.  Ahhh!!! I'm so excited I just typed fiance! Wait I did it again, lol!!! This is a great feeling.

My boyfriend proposed on Saturday, July 25, 2015. We were having our first RPG (role-playing-game for the non-geeks) at my little apartment. Max's friends were there and one of my cousins. So, this was the first rpg game all of us have played together. Most of the players were newbies since they have never actually played a dungeon & dragons type game before.  I was a veteran and knew most of the rules.

So, we all were trying to complete our first quest together. I was a orc-paladin and Max was the Dungeon Master. As a dungeon master he is the one that controls the villains/monsters/npc(non-player characters) on the board.

I entered a room that has already been cleared of monsters. I asked to "search for treasure". The action of searching for treasure meant the Dungeon Master had to pick a face-down treasure card read it out-loud and see if I would get gold, a potion or if I have to fight a monster. So, Max picked up a treasure card and stated:

"You are surprised to find a leather bag hanging on the wall. You open this bag and find a diamond ring!"

He then handed me a black box, and I thought to myself, "I don't remember this game actually having props..."  I opened the box and found a diamond ring. I thought to myself, "This is a nice prop ring!" Everyone playing the game or watching the TV stopped what they were doing to also look at this prop ring.

Max realized that no one was doing anything or reacting, so he said, "Will you marry me?" Everyone in the room was just staring at the ring. He then stated, "Okay, I guess I will get down on one knee." I and everyone else finally realized what was happening.  I screamed a little and everyone starting hugging me and congratulating me. I didn't actually get to him for about 3 minutes with all the hugging happening. When I did get to him, I hugged him and kissed him and said, "YES!" Everyone was happy!

I was ecstatic, and Max was really happy his plan worked. I was really impressed by his proposal. The proposal was creative and really surprised me:)  No one, who doesn't play rpg games would understand what happened they would probably just think, "that is just weird." or "that isn't romantic at all." but to me it was awesome!  The idea of him proposing over dinner or putting a ring in a champagne glass for me to choke on it, is not great.  I loved the way he did it and will always treasure the moment.

Here is the card, he pulled from the deck, of course he changed the words: