Monday, July 6, 2015

Columbo Podcast

So, I have been a fan of the Columbo TV series since I was a kid watching and reading mystery books.  Recently, I decided to look into finding Columbo podcasts and actually found two! 


I found this one first and it is a great podcast!  This podcast is hosted by Gerry and Iain, they located in Scotland. I love this podcast because it is informative, detailed and really well done. The episodes are reviewed in order by season. Right now, they are up to Season Five episode one.

Gerry and Iain, usually start off giving a brief summary of the episode they are reviewing. They name the actors in the episode and mention what the actors have been seen in besides Columbo. They review the Columbo episode scene by scene and give their opinions on the acting and general atmosphere of the scene. 

I also like it that when they mention an actor/s name/s they mentioned the character they are playing in the episode because obviously the listener may not know the actors name but will know the character they played. Not enough radio shows, podcasts or even blogs do this enough.

I love it that they are structured, organized and actually give you facts about each episode. Their reviews are accurate, insightful and enjoyable to listen to. After each season is concluded they give their opinion if the murderers would be convicted or not in a court of law.

I totally give this Podcast 5 stars! I hope they continue it.


I would love to give them a comment on their page but it looks like you need an iTunes or Twitter account to actually leave a comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second one I found is called: 




This podcast is hosted by: hosted by RJ White and Jon Morris, with special guests.

I do not like this one that much since it looks like they just pick their episodes from a hat and their special guest stars having nothing to do with Columbo at all just a bunch of their friends.

There is no order in their podcasts and all the episodes I have listened to have no substance at all. They don’t really talk about the scenes in the episodes just about random stuff that an actor might have done or anything that comes into their heads. It is like listening to a bunch of people in a room who are drunk talking about nonsense but stating they are talking about Columbo. 

If you listen to this podcast you can’t even tell what the plot of the episode is, they do not discuss the actors that are in it and they do not even try to be accurate in the episodes discussed. I swear, one of the podcast  I listened to after they spoke about the first scene in the episode they did not discuss the rest of the episode at all.

I don’t recommend this podcast to anyone unless you are drunk and you don’t actually care about any Columbo episodes but you want to laugh. I give this podcast 3 stars and that is being generous because they do make you laugh.